Bndtools Release Candidate 1 for 5.1.0
The 5.1.0.RC1 build is now available as of May 15 2020. This is a big release with lots of new features and performance enhancements. Some highlights:
- Faster builds when you used the system macro
- Quick fix for
-testpath based on class name
- New JAR viewer with better visualization & find action that uses Eclipse’s editors to view the files, including JAR files.
- Debug of a bndrun file automatically attaches source for all its specified bundles and JARs.
- Repositories view shows any problems in repositories
- Copy all GAVs from a POM repository in
.mvn format to move from a Bnd Pom Repository to an easier to read Maven Bnd Repository.
- Bndtools Explorer can filter on projects that have warnings or errors
- Quick Access support for exporting or running bndrun files and selecting a project
- Updated to support Java 15
- Support for parallel builds in Gradle
- Source code generation from inside bnd with a new
- A JavaGen template processor that can generate source code based on the workspace properties.
- A -define-contract
- Support for the upcoming OSGi Connect specification in the launcher via the Service Loader.
- A macro to find providers of a specific capability.
- Many reporting improvements on the bnd command line tool.
- Improvided source handling in maven releases
Please try it out and provide feedback so we can iron out the last bits.
- Bnd (maven repo) repository URL:
- Bndtools (p2 update site) repository URL:
- Bndtools GAV:
- Bnd Gradle Plugin buildscript:
- Bnd Maven Plugins:
Release notes are at https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/wiki/Changes-in-5.1.0
Please try this out and report any issues.